Saturday, August 17, 2013

A new adventure with Trades of Hope, and a chance to win our Aqua Scarf


Fair Trade. 
    If asked to use it in a sentence what would you say? Maybe something like "sounds like a fair trade to me." Or perhaps "I only buy fair trade coffee beans!" Until a few years ago that is about all I might be able to come up with. I had heard the word in a few other contexts but did not really understand the far reaching and potentially life changing aspect of the Fair Trade Market.  Then, when I was living in a city in Central Asia, I was introduced to a little souvenir shop, run by an American family, which stocked only handmade fair trade items. Any time we wanted some gifts to send home, we went there. Why? Because the products were quality made and a large sum of the sale provided the income of the person making it. It was not mass produced in a factory or sweatshop. It was handmade by a person, handcrafted with care. In this particular shop, many of the products were made by families who could not find jobs elsewhere because of their conversion to Christianity in a country that is predominately Muslim. I wish I had photos of these products to share with you. Maybe some of you reading actually have one of these items in your home, a small coaster that looks like a carpet? We bought it from this shop and it is handmade on little carpet looms. Or maybe you received a little wood and stain glass cross? These are made by a man in one of the regions, beautifully crafted and sold in this fair trade shop. This store was my introduction into Fair Trade and a glimpse at how it really does help people to provide for themselves in a legitimate way.

    In other countries around the world, and even right here in our neighboring cities or states, women are finding their way and providing for their families thanks to Fair Trade companies similar to our friend's store in Central Asia. Women who were once trapped in human trafficking or faced with the possibility of having to take their children to an orphanage so they could be better provided for are now able to provide for their families themselves. They do it by making beautiful handmade accessories like this necklace




Or this bracelet





 or making home decor, like this  bowl made by women in India



as well as handbags like this lovely clutch from Haiti



and body care products like these bars of soap made by women in Bangladesh




These items are purchased, at a fair trade rate, by a missional organization called Trades of Hope and then sold to world changers like you here through Compassion Entrepreneur's like me.

Trades of Hope is a direct selling business with a world changing message of hope and I am excited to be a part of their team.

  If you would like to help keep this world changing company growing and thriving and in turn change the lives of fair trade artisans around the world, consider hosting a party and helping me reach out to all your friends educating them on this mission and encouraging them to buy these fair trade products. Or become a part of my selling team! There are only a little over 300 Compassion Entrepreneur's. Now is the time to get involved and make a difference while also making a little extra income or spending money (maybe to save up for a mission trip to Haiti to visit some of our artisans!) or you can always shop www.mytradesofhope.com/kelleigh where every item is under $50 and 100% percent of the time your purchase helps empower women in need!

   I am so excited to be involved with this company and pray you will get excited about it too

   Kelleigh,
Stay-at-Home Mom & Compassion Entrepreneur

www.mytradesofhope.com/kelleigh
www.facebook.com/Kelleigh4TOH
kelleigh.mace@gmail.com



Now for the giveaway:





Contest is closed
  

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ok. I /think/ I followed all the steps! Haha Thanks for the opportunity! There are a couple of things on my wishlist now from your page. :)

Can I PM you my email? Don't really want to make it public.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.