Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I can't even imagine

I can't imagine being in the situation where I might consider abortion. I am thankful that life, and the decisions I've made in it have not led me to that place. I can't imagine, had I ever been in that situation, ever been faced with that thought, that I ever would have made the choice to terminate my pregnancy. To kill my baby. Then again, "But for the grace of God, so go I."

It was this time last year, Jan. 19, 2012 at 6:45pm in the evening to be exact, that I took a test to confirm my suspicions that I was pregnant. The instant I saw two lines I began to cry.Not tears of sadness but ears of joy and gratitude to the Creator of all life. He had answered my prayers for a child.

 For me, in that moment where hCG levels were high enough to confirm there was a human growing within me, my baby - gender unknown, name yet to be given, face still unseen, yet heart beating, body being formed - was as dear to me and loved by me as she is here in this moment as I hold her in my arms. I couldn't imagine doing something to prevent this little life from forming inside me and entering our world. I thank God everyday for the life He created and that He deemed Brian and I the best fit for her.

I can't imagine today without her in it.

This is why, with the anniversary of Roe V. Wade, I grieve for all those women who chose their life over their child's. I grieve for the mothers who, whatever their situation, whatever their reason, whatever their motives were, made the choice to take their baby's life. I can't imagine. I can't even begin to imagine...but my prayer are with them.