Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Encouraging words for wives and mothers

I read two great articles today from one of my favorite "come here and get encouragement in your walk" sites and felt like I should share.
If you aren't familiar with this site or organization I encourage you to do some additional reading on their site. It's life changing, right after the Word given by our King and right up there with stuff written by C.S. Lewis (in my opinion, I've never learned more or been more changed by any works by any other authors combined Elizabeth Elliot and Beth Moore included than I have by the words of my King and these two men)

The first article is an encouraging word/challenge to mothers to see beyond the moment and recognize the impact they have on the world through their children and grandchildren.
I couldn't read the article without thinking of this song by Stephen Curtis Chapman. Listen to it while you read and I think you'll agree they fit together.


The second article is on marriage, and so well put. So convicting to me personally. Even if your marriage is healthy, none is perfect and I encourage you to read Pipers sermon (or listen) on Forgiveness and Forbearance as he so beautifully reminds us of where we should always stand in relation to the One who has called us from darkness into His beautiful light. I think I might need to bookmark this article and write out the verses used so as not to forget the message. Oh how thankful I am for His grace and I pray I can remain always in a attitude of humility never forgetting how He bore and forgave my sins, greater sins than anyone has ever sinned against me.
Article 2 (it is a part of a sermon series which I am reading through)
Here is a song I really like in regards to marriage, although it doesn't fit as well with the article.


No comments: