Friday, November 18, 2011

Thirty Days of Gratitude: Ingenuity


Day 18: I am thankful for the ingenuity of others and how their work has helped made or lives easier and given us more time to become more effective in our work....

Yes, I know, I went from day 3 to day 18. I missed a few days. With our Internet being slow or having no signal at all it has been had to post anything. Instead of taking time to "catch-up" I'm just going to post as time and Internet strength allows.
Right now the Internet is great because I am at a coffee shop and we have a wonderful connection here. I am here each Wednesday and Friday to teach my English classes which begin at 2:0PM. I came a little early today because the water is out at our place and it was rather stinky and to be honest, I wanted to be near a working toilet. Is this too much information? Sorry. It's our life here, difficult, but yet I know I am still living so much better than most in our world. I am thankful for this. I am thankful for a roof over my head, for heat most of the time, for running water the majority of the time, gas and electricity to keep that water warm, to give us light, and allow us to cook with relative ease. Conditions here are not ideal, and sometimes even brushing your teeth takes more time and effort than it should, but it makes me thankful for everything I have here. It makes me thankful for all that I had growing up.
Thank you Creator for giving us creative, determined minds like Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. Thank you for the way men and women have used that creativity and ingenuity to make our lives so much better. Thank you for running water and running vehicles, electricity, telephones, Internet, Skype, text messaging, heaters, air conditioners, refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, microwaves and indoor plumbing! And a big thanks to the men and women who invented them! May we make the most of all the time we now have because it doesn't take as long to shower, wash our laundry, cook our food or get from point A to point B.




























No comments: